About Me

My photo
Philadelphia, United States
I am a Senior at Tyler School of Art, and have had a passion for art all my life. I'm just a student in hopes of sharing my work and thoughts with the world.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Interactive Glass Multiples








iTunes: Kate Nash, Mouthwash
This is my final prject for Dan Cutrone's glass class. Our prompt was to make a multiples instillation. I decided to further explore a figure I did for my final in my intro class, and make an interactive glass piece. I strung fourteen strings in the main hallway in Tyler and beaded the figures along so that the viewer can move them into any configuration they choose. I have never seen an interactive glass piece before so I figured I would attempt it in this project. It was really great to see my class play with all the figures. Overall I would consider this project successful despite how long it took to install and all the blisters I got got along the way. I'm pretty intrigued by all the different ways I can display this project, and am looking forward to exploring that. My TA for this class told me that I had a pretty french-victorian- lacey style which I thought was a pretty awesome compliment. I still have to put up my mid term for this class, but I'm waiting for my teacher to send me some of the pictures.

Edit: I found out today that a picture of my friend Emily playing with this piece is going in a Tyler Catalog!

I'm really going to miss glass next semester.

No comments: